Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Look out for The Futureheads...

oh uh-oh... oh uh-oh... oh uh-oh
oh uhh-ohh! oh uhh-ohh!

I went to see the Futureheads on March 10th, the best band on the scene today. Their energy on stage was incredible. Really bright lights. Crowd danced like mad. You can see the conviction they have for what they are doing; just watch Ross wrench around the stage in a vivacious manner for evidence.

Seeing them live was incredible. Vocally they were spot on. They provided a dazziling array of variety in their album, and it was nice to hear they were able to pull off all the complicated rhythms and guitar sequences in a live environment.

The highlight was without a doubt Hounds of Love. I immediately knew this was the case when I was thrown into the moshers, and then headbutted back to where I was again. I knew I was never gonna get the chance to take more than two photos, with the fear of being hurled into the pit again. It was fun though.

More catchy offerings in their new material, but little effort in improving musical ideas. It seems they have kept to the same mish-mash of noisy rock punctuated by crunching guitar riffs. I'd like to see them ditch those guitars for a few more a-capella style songs like Danger On The Water.

No comments: