Monday, March 07, 2005

Notes, Quotes & Anecdotes

I'm currently in the creation of my next piece for solo piano (my opus number two). But it's hard. Inspirations are bursting from all directions...Dudley Moore, Debussy, Trees.

I'm listening to Delgados' "The Great Eastern", when someone knocks on my door to turn it down. These walls just aren't very thick. Or should I turn my bass down...

I'm about to cook spaghetti bolognaise...by myself.

"I have to believe in a world outside my own mind. I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them. I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there. Do I believe the world's still there? Is it still out there?... Yeah. We all need mirrors to remind ourselves who we are. I'm no different. Now... where was I?"
Leonard Shelby - Memento 2001

NOTE TO SELF: use less spaghetti.

No comments: